What is Pilates?
Pilates is an exercise system developed by Joseph Pilates. The method is total body conditioning for everyone from 10 years to 100 years of age. It is an extension of yoga, with dynamic movements in harmony and balance, giving flexibility with great muscle tone.
Pilates method is a resistance workout without all the bulk. It helps to improve posture, rejuvenate energy levels, relieve stress and reduce fatigue and chronic pain.
These exercises offer a complete connection between body and mind. In a nutshell, Pilates is meditation in movement and is meant for everyone.
How is Pilates beneficial to the body?
- Improves lung capacity
- Enhances posture
- Increase flexibility
- Improves balance and control
- Improves concentration
- Improves body awareness
- Safe rehabilitation for spine and joints
- Relaxation for shoulders, back and neck
- Improves stabilization for spine
- Balances muscular strength for both sides of the body
- Increases muscle strength and tone abdominal muscles, lower back and glutes
- Release stress and enhance aura